Teenage Boy Turns Hero in House Fire

Published: September 10, 2008 | 7228th good news item since 2003

In Milwaukee a 14 year old boy rescued his two younger sisters.

A grease fire had filled the house with smoke.

The boy called 911 and then was able to not only crawl out of his own bedroom window but the break the window of the room his younger sisters were in. He helped them out and got them to safety.

Authorities say the combination of the working smoke detector and the boy’s quick thinking and reaction has saved the live of all three children.

2008-09-10.jpg

The scene of the fire.

Published in Kids & Teens
See also: www.620wtmj.com
Inside Good News Blog