Hero Dog Saves Family From Fire

Published: July 15, 2008 | 7207th good news item since 2003

Fire ripped through a home in the 1700 block of Northwest 14th Avenue early Monday, and the family pet saved the day, literally.

Junior, a 14-month-old shih tzu mix, started barking and wouldn’t stop when flames erupted in the home where his owner, Madelous Davilmar and six others live. The smoke detectors were going off, but they didn’t wake up Davilmar.

“Junior’s a quiet dog and he started making a lot of noise,” Davilmar said.

The barking woke him up. And he found the house filled with smoke.

Davilmar rushed through the house, trying to awaken his relatives, some of whom were visiting from Orlando.

Everyone had made it out safely.

Investigators have deemed the fire suspicious. Davilmar said he’s just thankful everyone is alive, thanks to Junior.

“He’s a hero. I will definitely treat him better now,” Davilmar said.

Published in Animals
See also: www.nbc6.net
Inside Good News Blog