Dogs rescued from blaze

Published: July 14, 2008 | 7196th good news item since 2003

Firefighters rescued 15 dogs from flames that ripped through a workshop at a dog grooming parlour in Chorley.
The blaze started in a microwave at a workshop at All Breeds grooming parlour on Bolton Road, Chorley, at around 8am on Friday.

The owner of the dog parlour was unavailable to speak about the ordeal but neighbours said they saw fire engines arrive at the address.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire started in a microwave and almost spread in the inside of a workshop.

“The dogs had to be taken to safety but were not injured.”

In an unrelated incident, the inside of a disused restaurant on Bolton Road in Anderton, near Chorley, was destroyed in a fire at 8.07pm on Friday (July 11).

Fire crews were equipped with breathing apparatus and used three jets, two ventilation units as well as a triple extension ladder and thermal imaging camera to deal with the blaze.

There were reports that people had been inside the former restaurant at the time of the fire, although no one is said to have been injured.

Published in Animals
See also: www.chorley-guardian.co.uk
Inside Good News Blog